Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Strongest Woman I Know...


I remember when I was a (prissy) little girl, a woman cutting the grass, diggin' ditches, killin' snakes, workin' the farm... all seemed unheard of.  But for this woman, it was just another day.  Over the years, she has become my friend and one of the most Godly women I know.  We chat often and learn from one another.  She is my friend!  And I love her dearly!  I was visiting with her the other day and she saw a spider in the corner and killed it with her bare hands.  WHAT?!  I would have grabbed five paper towels and made sure there was no chance of it reaching through to grab me. 

On the flip side, she told me she had never had a man bring her flowers, open doors or treat her special.  That seems crazy to me.  I guess because of how lucky I got with JJ.  This came to light when JJ bought her a corsage for Mother's day a few years back.  You would've thought he gave her a million dollars...we have tried not to miss an opportunity to send her flowers since. 

Annie has been a 2nd mom to me for over 25 years.  We have become close as the years have passed.  It is even crazier that our bond is growing through something like ovarian cancer.  I offered to take pictures of her and my sister, niece and nephew.  This day was full of laughter, music lessons, teal toes, and cooking.

Let me introduce you to the strongest woman I know...Annie! And Beverly, Zachary and Abbygail.



 Something about the 1st grandchild that is extra special!







Abbygail wearing Nana's wig and jewelry:)

No comments:

Post a Comment