Sunday, November 28, 2010

Besties for life

We all have one (hopefully).  I am blessed, I have more than one but no more than a handful.  Maybe because I am a gemini...I have one for each personality.  Each are different but my love is the same!  I am talking about my very best friends!!  Those who accept me for all my quirky ways and love me just the same.  The memories we've collected through the years are priceless.  Having the opportunity to photograph my friends with their families is pretty amazing.  Being behind the lens, you see a lot of emotion.  Sometimes I just smile watching my friends...some who used to dance on bars with me...now parenting their kiddo(s).  :)

At any rate...here are a few pictures of Jennifer and Julie, two of my very best friends.   These girls couldn't be more different, but I love them both the same.  A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of spending a few hours photographing them with their pride and joy:)  xoxoxooxox to both of you!!  LOVE!!

                                        *****                                                       *****

First up...Jennifer. 
I met Jennifer in 7th grade.  I was "the new kid" at school and we hit it off right away.  She lived on the lake so I spent a lot of summers at her house.  She comes from an amazing family, loves to laugh and is super sweet.  She has some kinky hair for a white girl...and I love it when she straightens it.  To say she is a good mom would be an understatement.  She has 3 kiddos...Luke, Jake and Macy.  Those kids are her world and they know it...in a good way.   One day, I hope I can be half the mom she is.   She is also the mom/friend that thought feeding her kids full of sugar before a photo shoot was a good idea:)  Love you Jen Jen!


 LOTS of sugar!!


          A little bit of sass + a whole lot of sweet = this family


 


Next up...Julie.
Julie and I met in college.  She is that girl with tons of friends and somehow manages to keep up with all of them.  She is the life of the party!  No doubt those who know her, have great stories!!  Once she considers you a friend, you are a friend for life.  She will stand up for you if she feels like someone is talking about you...or your husband (even if they aren't).  She is a great mom as well.  She keeps it real about motherhood.  And I love her for it!  There just aren't enough words to describe this gem.  I am so very lucky to call Julie a friend.
 

 Her daughter Raney was the first kiddo I ever photographed.  She is a cutie.  But ask her to do something she doesn't want to do...and it ain't happening.  Sometimes, a lollipop bribe will do the trick:)

 Lose the lollipop, lose the kid.
 And she's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment