Monday, November 15, 2010

10.10.10 OD Resort

If you know me, you know there was a BIG wedding this year on 10.10.10 at The Ocean Drive Resort in Myrtle Beach.  The couple, none other than my mom and her long time friend David.   My mom and David met while taking shag lessons.  If you don't know what shaggin' is, get your mind out of the gutter...it is a dance.  Maybe it is a East Coast thing and maybe even just the Southern part.  Come to think of it, it may very well be a Carolina thing...maybe even Virginia.  At any rate, there was a movie named after it...SHAG and I think it is one of my all time favorite movies.  A total chick flick.
So about a year or two after my stepdad passed away, my mom started taking shag lessons to brush up on her steps and meet new people.  She met David.  He eventually came around the family and we thought oh boy, this guy is super quiet...he probably thinks we are all crazy!  But he kept coming around and eventually we all became comfortable with one another.  We like David.  He fits in well.  Bless his heart, he accepts us...that has to say something, right? 
So this year, they were married on...you guessed it 10.10.10 at..yep, OD Resort.








No comments:

Post a Comment